Check out the latest on www.lyceemaputo.org
I am pleased to provide you with new information about our resumption of classes in 2020.
The resumption of distance learning, which remains difficult for the community as a whole, has been achieved by 90% of the families enrolled.
The disparities that exist between kindergarten and secondary school (68% in kindergarten and 98% in secondary school), oblige us to look for other modalities for the youngest children in kindergarten. We are going to work actively on this.
Furthermore, we still do not have any further news on a possible date for resumption of classes in the classroom. The school continues to prepare for this date and I will not fail to inform you if the situation changes.
Nevertheless, we would like to improve and strengthen the way we communicate with all the families:
- Individual interviews with the management: email@example.com
- Regular meetings with the main teachers.
- A back-to-school meeting for all parents with the members of the Board of Directors.
- Updating the details of the various distance learning support and assistance services on www.lyceemaputo.org.
- Introductory meetings with the language teachers will start on Wednesday 16 September.
- The appointment of parent representatives for class meetings with parents.
- The scheduling of regular meetings between these representatives and the management for the School Council and the Steering Committee for Distance Learning.
We are also concerned about the well-being of our students who have been experiencing a difficult situation for several weeks.
I would therefore like to inform you that Mrs Claire Nouvel, our psychologist, has resumed her activities of psychological support and counselling.
Please do not hesitate to contact her for more information or to make an appointment: she can be contacted by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (849092475) to meet, in person or by Zoom, parents or students who wish to do so.